Gator Grip Concrete Primer
This is an asphalt base product blended with solvents, bitumen, plastic solution and minerals to form a fast drying penetrating liquid that is non-corrosive and non-toxic to fishes, animals etc.
- Designed to penetrate a surface instantly without having harsh solvent odours.
- Does not burn skin like a polyvinyl base penetrating liquid yet has the ability to solve porosity complications.
- Treated surfaces can be in service within 1 hour.
- Use on all porous surfaces, cooling towers, gypsum, sheet rock, concrete/wooden decking, jetties, and concrete walls prior to water or oil base paints.
- Apply straight from can by 1/4 inch roller or paint brush or high pressure sprayer. Do not over apply. Only 1 coat is required, however conduct a test in a small area to fit the desired requirement.
- Paint Installation: Allow 8 — 12 hours before applying paint.
- Disadvantage: Heavy solvent base paints can cause a bleed through of the asphalt. Latex paints or lower solvent base paints would be more compatible.
- Advantage: This product is an asphalt base formula as opposed to a polyvinyl formula that deteriorates over time with the acids in mortar as moisture develops due to temperatures.
- Surface: Must be dry and free from oil, moss, water, moisture & loose debris. Rain must not be expected within 4 hours.
- Flammable materials do not use near open flames or where temperatures are above 35 degrees Celsius. Do not swallow. Use proper safety protective gear when using this material. Contains no corrosive additives. Clean up with mineral spirits or kerosene. Avoid spray drift if flames are within 30 feet.
- Coverage: 80 to 100 square feet- first coat. Second coat 150 square feet average.
- Keep away from children, store in well ventilated areas.
- Do not store above 120 degrees F. Do not swallow or allow getting into eyes. Keep away from children. This is an industrial grade material. All direction was providing with our testing and may not meet some specific tough application. Conduct a test in small areas before full scale usage. For further heat or full safety please see MSDS.
- Note: Quality and Safety is our goal. Please all for info or consult a contractor who uses our quality range. This product was designed as a tight seal by penetrating into surfaces e.g. wood, concrete or porous surfaces and it cannot be removed easily.