Premium Fibrated Grade Wet/Dry Flexible Roof Patch
This is a premium fibrated wet and dry surface, asbestos free, roof patch. It is a flexible medium consistency grade of material for all types of roofs. Made with cellulose fibres, bitumen, clay, mineral spirits found in household glues.
Unlike most competitors this product does not contain sulphuric acid or any corrosive materials that causes corrosion to steel roofs etc. does not contain asbestos, benzene, acetone and toluene which are highly linked to cancer, birth defects, miscarriages etc.
Designed without using emulsion base bitumen, it can be applied over wet or dry surfaces and will resist water penetration, mud crack, sag and slippage. It is a medium cure, very thick rubbery seal, designed as a heavy bodied material with less liquidity.
Its multiple additives enables it to work on almost any job outlasting cheap products. Dries & cures to a firm flexible seal.
- Medium consistency
- Can be applied by paintbrush
- Cures to a firm flexible seal
- For all roof-types
- Does not contain corrosive materials
- To seal leaks in or around roofs, foundation walls, vent pipes, flashing, air-conditioning ports, skylights, shingle tabs, galvanize nails, ridging or seams, steel, concrete or p.v.c. guttering.
- Use to seal cracks in foundation walls prior to applying Gator Grip Semi-Plastic Foundation sealant use where a medium flexible patch is required.
- Surfaces must be free from standing water, oil, grease, loose debris, flaking paints, rust scale etc.
- For porous surfaces e.g. concrete or plywood, prime with Gator Grip Semi-Plastic Foundation Sealant, as to alleviate poor adhesion.
- This application may be done to areas that are difficult to seal e.g. rusted areas or where mildew or lime scale was removed.
- Apply by trowel or medium grade paint brush on wet & dry surfaces with a minimum of 1/8″ thick.
- Extend material 6 inches beyond problem area.
- For chassis frames, wrought iron, cast iron pipes, fence posts, asphalt driveways etc. see our Semi-Plastic material or Semi-Enamel material.
Coverage of 35 to 40 square feet may be obtained if applying this material at a rate of 1/8 of an inch.
- Use in well ventilated areas although this material is low in volatile organic solvents (v.o.c.).
- Thinning material voids it plastic seal.
- Cannot be removed easily from surfaces, this material was designed with durability in mind.
- Use less durable materials for temporary jobs.
- To prevent poor application on porous wood, concrete or steel prime first. Do not swallow. Flammable.
- Clean up with kerosene or unleaded gas.