Quick Dry Concrete Primer Penetrating Solution
This is an asphalt base product blended with solvents, bitumen, plastic solution and minerals to form a fast drying penetrating liquid that is non-corrosive and non-toxic to fishes, animals etc.
Designed to penetrate a surface instantly without having harsh solvent odours. Does not burn skin like a polyvinyl base penetrating liquid yet has the ability to solve porosity complications. Treated surfaces can be in service within 1 hour.
As with all GATOR GRIP products, quality and safety is our goal. Please call for information or consult a contractor who uses our quality range. This product was designed as a tight seal by penetrating into surfaces e.g. wood, concrete or porous surfaces and it cannot be removed easily.
- Non-corrosive to steel
- Does not peel
- Can be painted over
Use on all porous surfaces, cooling towers, gypsum, sheet rock, concrete/wooden decking, jetties, and concrete walls prior to water or oil base paints.
- Apply straight from can by 1/4 inch roller or paint brush or high pressure sprayer. Do not over apply.
- Only 1 coat is required, however conduct a test in a small area to fit the desired requirement.
- Paint Installation: Allow 8 — 12 hours before applying paint. Disadvantage: Heavy solvent base paints can cause a bleed through of the asphalt.
- Latex paints or lower solvent base paints would be more compatible.
- Advantage: This product is an asphalt base formula as opposed to a polyvinyl formula that deteriorates over time with the acids in mortar as moisture develops due to temperatures.
- Surface: Must be dry and free from oil, moss, water, moisture & loose debris.
- Rain must not be expected within 4 hours.
- Flammable materials do not use near open flames or where temperatures are above 35 degrees Celsius.
- Do not swallow.
- Use proper safety protective gear when using this material.
- Contains no corrosive additives.
- Clean up with mineral spirits or kerosene.
- Avoid spray drift if flames are within 30 feet.
80 to 100 square feet- first coat. Second coat 150 square feet average.
- Do not store above 120 degrees F.
- Do not swallow or allow getting into eyes.
- Keep away from children.
- This is an industrial grade material.
- All direction was providing with our testing and may not meet some specific tough application.
- Conduct a test in small areas before full scale usage. For further heat or full safety please see MSDS.
- Keep away from children, store in well ventilated areas.